Mission StatementTo make God's love expressed in Jesus Christ known to all through caring and service, expressing our cultural diversity, and challenging injustice.
- To devise, develop and maintain effective strategies for reaching every person in our local community with the Good News that God loves and cares about them.
- To see people becoming members of the church from the conversion of non-Christians, the re-commitment of Christians whose faith has lapsed and Christians who move into the area.
- To see children and young people continually growing into the love and lifestyle of Jesus Christ.
- To have a high positive profile being known for our welcome, care, and love of God.
- To engage actively with the processes and structures of our local community e.g. education, business, politics and support agencies.
- To be a community that values and expresses a wide-ranging cultural diversity as we follow Jesus Christ our Lord.
- To model, demonstrate and work for the reconciliation of all people.
- To have an on-going commitment to overseas mission by supporting and sending a variety of resources.
- To campaign on behalf of those needing justice locally, nationally and internationally.
- To see each member live their daily life as a spiritual offering before God through faith in Jesus Christ being "built together as living stones into a spiritual house." (1 Peter 2 v 5)
- To see each member receiving the power of the Holy Spirit and becoming a witness in Greenford and beyond.
- To see each member regularly meeting with others specifically for mutual support, prayer and to read the Bible.
- To see each member not just being a believer but being discipled and discipling others including the living of "clean lives" and the process of "the renewal of our minds".
- To see each member becoming increasingly aware of their personal gifting, and growing in serving God by using their gifts.
- To see personal prayer, Bible study and listening to God, both individually and together as a church family, as a priority for each member.
- To see each member being loved and cared for, and in turn loving and caring for other members of the church. We see the caring of members for each other as the primary source of pastoral care within Greenford Baptist Church. However we also aim to provide additional sources of pastoral care particularly to those who are in special need.
- To see each member living a lifestyle that cares for God's creation.
- To see each member giving money to the church as directed by God.
- The aim of the Leadership is to serve Greenford Baptist Church by seeing her discipled for the work of Christian service, to be built up until we all reach unity in our faith and in our knowledge of the Son of God, becoming mature people reaching to the very height of Christ's full stature. (Ephesians 4: 12-13)
- The Leadership Team's primary responsibility is to oversee the life of Greenford Baptist Church especially regarding vision and strategy. This includes identifying, supporting and encouraging specialised ministries that enhance and aid the delivery of our vision.
- The Leadership Team also has a growing and developing role in using the gifts and ministries that God has given us to help equip other congregations, churches and ministries both within the UK and beyond.
- The Staff Team has responsibility for owning and implementing the vision and strategy agreed by the Leadership Team.
- To see effective communication both within and beyond our church family utilising a range of different media.
- The ministry network will provide support for each other, share information, be a sounding board and give feedback to the Leadership and Staff Teams.
Our Church Building
- To see our buildings being used effectively.
- Our buildings should be inviting and safe for all who enter lawfully.
|< Prev||Next >|
Last Updated on Thursday, 03 November 2011 20:29.